There is so much coming through the potholes of our democracy that TPV has a hard time catching any of them. Here are a few:
- Kanye West successfully recruits Trump to endorse Dragon Energy, a new product for those with too many imaginary friends;
- West defends his endorsement of Trump with a new song,“Ye vs. The People”. West’s opening salvo says
“I know Obama was Heaven sent,
but ever since Trump won,
it proved that I could be president.” Yay, hopefully, Ye’s ending would be different than Trump’s.
- Macron, the French President, treats himself to a state visit to Washington D.C., hoping to understand his countryman’s awe for America. Unable to understand Tocqueville, Macron blames the current administration. So anti-Republican.
- President Emmanuel Macron’s visit to Washington was certainly grand theater, the media reported: the hugs and kisses with President Trump, the dandruff whisked off his lapel, and then the 40-year-old French wunderkind rising before Congress to deliver a stern lecture in elegantly accented English on why the American president is wrong about multilateralism, protectionism, nationalism, Iran and climate change.
- Unrepented, the Republican Congressmen released another report which denies any Russian involvement. While fast swallowing the last drop of caviar in the bowl.
- And then came the hat. Melania’s white hat. It was a diva crown. A grand gesture of independence. A church hat. Trump may be my shepherd. But I have my hat. Good job, Melania. You got a hat. For your birthday.
- On Melania’s real birthday, her hubby and our president, Trump, decides to wish her happy birthday on cable TV. As a gesture of marital affection.
BY DANA NEACSU: ThePotholeView Dazed by the White House Hatter